|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-01-11||2019-03-10|
Location Dar es Salaam & Shinyanga, Tanzania
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 10 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, you will play an important role in analyzing Cuso International’s current work in Access to Quality Health Services and Gender Quality & Social Inclusion in Dar es Salaam, Shinyanga, and other identified regions of Tanzania. You will be supporting Cuso International Tanzania’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) system and activities with respect to existing and future project work. As the Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor volunteer, you will utilize your MEAL skills to improve Cuso International Tanzania’s ability to identify key stakeholders and coordinate a more unified approach across organizations in its advocacy work.
This role will involve an initial period of research work at the Cuso International Tanzania office in Dar es Salaam to better familiarize yourself with Cuso International current project work and MEAL system before moving to a key region of focus, Shinyanga. When you will move to Shinyanga will be determined by the Cuso International Country Representative in Tanzania, however several weeks based in Dar es Salaam is likely to begin.
Once in Shinyanga, you will monitor and evaluate what activities stakeholders in health services and gender equality are doing and how Cuso International Tanzania can support them. This role will also involve researching possible donor possibilities for various organizations in the region and the development of concept notes for Cuso International to further expand. There will also be ongoing activities to support the Tanzania Country Representative in several MEAL-related initiatives, such as e-volunteering, knowledge management coordination, and improved communication among identified stakeholders.
Consider this dynamic role in 2 different parts of Tanzania as an excellent way to use your MEAL skills, as well as develop new skills and competencies.
Come join the dynamic Cuso International Tanzania team!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review of thematic project activities in health services & gender equality, as well as Cuso International strategic goals.
- Support the development of the MEAL project including tools/templates.
- Improve the coordination of knowledge management of existing health care and gender equality work being conducting in Dar es Salaam & Shinyanga.
- Perform ongoing research in areas of program development in Shinyanga and nearby regions. Advise on appropriate software for MEAL data storage.
- Support the Cuso International Country Representative in e-volunteering coordination, analysis of Cuso International strategic goals, and other activities needed on an ongoing basis.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, women’s studies, social sciences or related field
- Course work in qualitative and quantitative research method
Essential Professional Background:
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, and Community development
- Experience mentoring and/or training in a cross-cultural setting
- Experience in project coordination
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2AF2sFu