|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-08-02||2019-10-15|
Location Vang Vieng, Laos
Start Date Sep - Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Do you want to help reduce poverty by empowering others to gain skills?
Develop and expand programs and lesson plans for the Skills for Tourism projects through vocational education training for local communities.
Share your tourism and hospitality skills in Myanmar and help to reduce poverty in the Vang Vieng sector.
As a volunteer, you will provide:
-You will assist in further developing and implementing 3-5 years of business plans that generate revenue and attract investment supported by marketing & communication.
-Provide organizational development support and assistance in developing standard operating procedures.
-You will conduct a training needs analysis, formulation of a capacity strengthening plan, training provision and the coaching and mentoring of teaching and management staff in areas identified.
-Deliver tourism & hospitality education and training and provide hands-on practical experience for students.
-Provide advice and support in the scheduling (timetabling) of education and training programs.
-Depending on assessment needs, you will provide English language training for teachers, management staff and students as needed.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen inclusion and mainstream gender.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- An under-graduate degree in Tourism/Hospitality Management, or equivalent.
Essential Professional Background:
-At least three years’ experience of working in a tourism/hospitality school/college environment.
-Strong appreciation/understanding of the tourism and hospitality private sector and the training needs of the sector.
-Excellent organizational skills and proven success in achieving results-oriented outcomes.
-Highly developed skills in communication, report writing and making presentations in English.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation (more details below)
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/30fIew6