The Site Coordinator is responsible for successfully planning and leading the MS Walk on May 26th, 2019 in the Surrey community which will be taking place at Tynehead Regional Park. This opportunity is ideal for individuals looking to make a more substantial volunteer time commitment.
Contributing your time and talents to the MS Walk committee is a meaningful opportunity to give back to your community and those affected by MS. MS Walks are our largest fundraising event across Canada. Volunteering as Committee Member for the MS Walk means gaining valuable experience by leading and organizing a well-recognized signature event while working within a team of high level volunteers, supported by experienced staff and comprehensive resources.
The Site Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and revise site set-up map
- Confirming equipment and signage
- Directing loading of event equipment, site set up and tear down
Skills, Attitudes, Knowledge Required:
- Experience in the respective roles’ area of work is value
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Basic computer proficiency including email, internet searches, word, excel
- Self-motivated/directed and able to fulfill duties on time
All committee members share in the responsibility of:
- Championing the Walk in their community
- Promoting the event within their network
- Recruiting participants and event day volunteers
- Helping to source sponsorship (cash and in-kind donations) and prizing
Training and Orientation:
- Role specific training will be provided for all committee members
- Tools, resources and information on all aspects of the event will be provided
- Attend 1.5-hour monthly committee meetings prior to the event
- Onsite for the event weekend, providing leadership to event day volunteers and oversight for specific area of work
- Meetings and work related to your role encompasses approximately 5-10 hours/month depending on the role and size of the event. Hours will increase as the event approaches.
- Committee members will receive direction from, and liaise with, the Chair and Co-Chair. Committee members will interact extensively with each other, the staff liaison, event day volunteers, participants and members of the community.
- Must be comfortable making decisions and problem solving with limited supervision.
- Opportunity to work with a dedicated team of leadership volunteers, together creating a meaningful and successful event
- Gain valuable experience in event planning
- Contribute your time and talents in an impactful way for a worthwhile cause
- Reference letter
To apply, please contact Joel Cheung - Joel.Cheung@mssociety.ca or phone 604-689-3144 x.7257