|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-01-11||2019-03-10|
City Quezon City, Philippines
Start Date Mar - May 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
We need an experienced Gender Advisor to help implement our gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) strategy at our newest office in Asia! You will be working directly at our country program office and lead initiatives related towards capacity-building, tool development and networking activities.
The areas targeted for this placement are agricultural, fishing, weaving and other rural communities in the Western Visayas (Region 6) and Eastern Visayas (Region 8). These regions are not only among the poorest but also among the most vulnerable areas in the country.
You will design and implement capacity-building techniques for staff, volunteers and partner organizations in addition to overseeing a team of volunteer gender specialists that will be deployed to selected local partner organizations. Your overall task will be to support other Cuso International volunteers for various placements and help equip them with the knowledge and skills to be gender champions in their placements.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Formulate the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion action plan while building on current gender mainstreaming strategy documents
-Coordinate and incorporate the strategy into the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)framework
-Lead activities on gender mainstreaming for staff and volunteers including the development or application of tools, coaching and mentoring
-Establish gender network for Cuso International Philippines
Essential Academic Qualifications:
University Degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Politics and International Development, or any related field with Women’s Studies or Gender as a major course
Essential Professional Background:
- Min. 5 years of experience in gender mainstreaming or integration in development projects
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2SREIFc