|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|MISCELLANEOUS Productions Society||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-01-08||2019-04-08|
MISCELLANEOUS PRODUCTIONS SOCIETY IS SEEKING SKILLED VOLUNTEERS TO JOIN OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated individuals who preferably have experience in policy and board directorship.
As a member of our Board, a director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance and leadership of our organization.
To complement the Board, we are looking for skills and experience in the following areas:
• Risk Management,
• Strategic Planning,
• Human Resources, and
Directors serve for a 1 year term with a maximum of 6 consecutive terms. The expectations are for directors to be willing to serve a minimum of 3 terms.
A director is fully informed on organization matters and participates in the Board’s deliberations and decisions in matters of policy, finance, programs, fundraising, and advocacy. Directors’ skills and experience enhance the resources for the Society and as such, directors are available to the Artistic Director for advice and counsel.
The Board meets formally on a quarterly basis and corresponds regularly via email. In addition to this, directors are expected to volunteer for Society events. Time commitment may vary but average 1-2 hours per week.
• Opportunity to represent an impactful community organization.
• Provides personal fulfilment and social responsibility.
• Adds to your curriculum vitae by demonstrating active involvement in the community.
• Broadens an appreciation of community societal issues.
• Provides an opportunity for leadership and strategic thinking
• Opportunity to broaden yourself and your ability to relate to our community.
• Opportunity to contribute to the health and welfare of the local community.
• Opportunity to offer your skills, expertise and enthusiasm to a good cause.
• Opportunity to shape the future of youth performing arts in Vancouver.
• Contribute to strengthening Miscellaneous Productions as a Society and its services to at risk youth.
MISCELLANEOUS Productions is a non-profit charitable society based in Vancouver, BC. Founded in July 2000, we are currently in our 19th year of collaborating with culturally and socially diverse youth making performances, films and music for the public.
Think of MISCELLANEOUS Productions as "Glee with Grit" - an inner-city boot camp for youth living with grave challenges. We give youth the best training in the performing arts in Canada and work in long-term, community-engaged artistic collaborations with them to create large-scale hip hop music theatre performances and films. Please see the following links:
Web Site: www.miscellaneousproductions.ca
YouTube film document of Monsters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ3uLC-RRp4
POWER documentary film about our work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLtor5PcFrI
YouTube film document of Kutz & Dawgs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ur8wSmae4w
Please apply by sending your resume to
elaine@MISCELLANEOUSproductions.ca with the following subject line: Application to the Board of Directors. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email to the same address. Thank you!