|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|CNIB - GTA Foundation||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2020-01-08||2020-02-28|
Provide community-based support: provide one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who is blind or partially sighted.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Regularly visit a client in his/her home or another suitable environment at a mutually convenient time
• Activities are determined by client need and mutually agreed upon
• Approved activities are: reading, organizing, walking, assisting with errands or outings, and friendly visiting
• All outings are on foot, by public transportation or taxi
• Notify the client in advance if you will miss a visit; notify your supervisor if you will miss more than two in a row
• When a client needs more support, service, counselling or information then you are able to give, refer them to staff
• Track and report volunteer hours as directed
Qualities, Skills and Training:
• Patient, empathetic and friendly
• Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Very strong English skills or willing to be matched with a client who speaks your native language
• Orientation, including About CNIB, About the people we help, About vision loss, and About volunteering at CNIB.
• Training specific to the position, including working as a Vision Mate and what to do when problems arise.
• Minimum 19 years old.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
• Minimum of six months
• Usually two hours per week on days and times that are convenient for the client and the volunteer (including evenings and weekends)
• Agree to abide by CNIB’s Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
Please apply for submitting your cover letter and resume to Filomena.Diruscio@cnib.ca
I look forward to hearing from your application for this volunteer role.