|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-06-04||2019-09-02|
Location Yangon, Myanmar
Start Date Jun – Aug 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Our partner, Living Dignity for the Blind was established with the purpose of creating a job placement program to help individuals living with impaired vision and blindness.
This program is full of a drive but has limited work experience and knowledge in promoting career development for people with visual impairment. That's where you as the Social Enterprise Advisor, comes in. We are seeking a volunteer like you to help bridge this gap.
Apply now and help make the search for a job a little clearer for those struggling with blindness and vision loss.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Provide support on branding and marketing strategies
- Engage with potential stakeholders and contributors while building relationships
- Provide technical support toward running a social enterprise (planning, management)
- Work on resource mobilization strategies
- Support Organizational Development Needs (10% of the time)
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant education or background (Business Management or Disability related)
Essential Professional Background:
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in social enterprise programs
- Branding and Marketing experiences
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
Apply on our website: https://cusointernational.org/placements/1080