|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Positive Living Society of BC||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2019-06-24||2019-08-15|
Share your time, skills and energy with the POSITIVE LIVING Society of BC.
We are looking for volunteers for various positions below:
1) Help meet and greet members at reception
2) Being a volunteer presence in our internet area
3) Helping serve coffee and pastries to our members in the lounge
4) Are you a Hairstylist or Barber; then volunteer your time in our member salon
5) Various admin, clerical, data entry roles in assisting staff
6) Outreach tables for Pride or volunteering for AIDS WALK
Our volunteers are diverse and accepting individuals who reach out beyond the confines of paid employment and normal responsibilities to contribute time and services to our cause in the belief that their activity is beneficial to others as well as satisfying to themselves.
Need to be open to and working with diverse communities and members:, Gay Straight, Bi, Trans, HIV-positive, diverse backgrounds and experiences.
This past year, volunteers contributed close to 22,000 hours of time to the Positive Living Society of British Columbia!
Attend Society volunteer orientation
Specific training as determined and agreed upon
-One shift- 2.5 hrs-3 hrs per week, during operating hours Mon- Friday : 10am-4pm
-Six month minimum volunteer commitment ( some exceptions), weekend events and WALK
Benefits & Recognition
Ongoing recognition and volunteer appreciation events
Opportunity to learn new skills and upgrade existing ones
Have fun and meet new people
Making a significant difference in the Community
or fill in a volunteer application at http://www.positivelivingbc.org