|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-07-05||2019-09-30|
Location Pawe, Ethiopia
Start Date Sep - Nov 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 6 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
As a volunteer, you will:
-Coordinate ongoing systemic activities designed to help students establish personal goals and develop future plans.
-Develop positive relationships and provide extra support for individual students as needed/ Assist with career/academic portfolio development.
-Guide clients in the development of skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
-Collaborate with relevant community stakeholders to address student needs
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Undergraduate degree in counseling, psychology, sociology or social work is the first step in becoming a mental health counselor.
-Experience of working in a counselling
-Experience of working with conditions such as anxiety, low confidence and low mood.
Essential Professional Background:
-Extensive experience in counselling individual and group of cases
-Experience in conducting needs assessment, and delivering in-service training
-Able to work collaboratively with team
-Commitment to achieve results
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation (more details below)
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2XQk3XF