|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|CNIB - GTA Foundation||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2019-11-20||2020-01-03|
•To provide community-bases support
• Assist the facilitator during the period of the peer support group session
• To provide awareness of a safe environment
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Tasks will depend on location and need but may include:
• Making reminder phone calls
• Ensuring a safe space
• General maintenance duties
• Assisting with refreshments
• Other duties as required
• Track and report volunteer hours as directed
Qualities, Skills and Training:
• Patient, empathetic and friendly
• Reliable, organized, and able to work with minimal supervision
• Alert and aware of the participants’ needs and surroundings
• Orientation includes: CNIB Services, the people we serve, vision loss challenges, and volunteering at the CNIB.
• Training specific to the position
• Minimum six months
• Each session is conducted one day per week for 2-3 hours. (Based on the regional area)
• Group sessions will run 6-8 weeks. (Based on the regional area)
• Please note: preparation time will be factored into your volunteer hours.
• Agree to abide by CNIB’s Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
Level 3: long application form and interview, orientation, three character references, police vulnerable sector check
You can apply for submitting your cover letter and resume to Filomena.DiRuscio@cnib.ca
I look forward to hearing from your application.