|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Canadian Red Cross||Short term (Less than 6 months)||2019-12-05||2020-02-27|
JOB SUMMARY :
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Health TAPESTRY program. The Health TAPESTRY Program helps people stay healthier for longer in their homes by bringing together volunteers, technology, communities and interprofessional health care teams. The administrative assistant has a key role in supporting the Coordinator in communicating with clients and volunteers, providing program information, scheduling, and other administrative support.
• Execute general office duties such as: telephoning, faxing, photocopying, filing and schedulin
• Respond to volunteer recruitment inquiries (e.g. application forms, program info)
• Telephoning of clients enrolled in program regarding eligibility, program information and schedule availability
• Scheduling client visits based on volunteer and client availability
• Maintains up to date knowledge of Health TAPESTRY program and services and acts as resource to clients and volunteers
• Provide administrative support to staff
• Perform other duties as required.
The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused. Enrollment or completion of post-secondary certificate/degree and/or work experience in administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong customer service based telephone manners, and proficiency in verbal and written communication
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with a team
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in fast-paced environment
• Experience in Microsoft Office
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
Interested parties may submit their applications and resumes quoting, Administrative Assistant Volunteer, no later than February 27, 2020 to: