|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Canadian Blood Services||Short term (Less than 6 months)||2019-07-11||2019-07-31|
In-Community Volunteer – Downtown Toronto
What Canadian Blood Services Needs
If you're passionate about the health of Canadians, and love to engage with people from diverse backgrounds, then we want to talk to you.
Canadian Blood Services seeks In-Community Volunteers for Downtown Toronto.
Purpose of Role
The In-Community Volunteer supports Canadian Blood Services initiatives by recruiting donors, booking appointments, and promoting awareness of our services to reach recruitment targets.
How This Role Helps Canadian Patients
Volunteers spread awareness and book appointments with new donors who will continue to donate blood and ultimately help Canadian patients. This role will assist with contributing to Canadian Blood Services' goal of meeting recruitment targets on a monthly basis.
Skills, Abilities, Traits
• Able to relate to different personalities and age groups in a variety of situations.
• Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Able to observe and react appropriately to adverse situations.
• Sensitive and respectful of the dignity of all people.
• Professional in manner and appearance.
• Ability to pay attention to details.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Extremely flexible and to be determined in conjunction with volunteer resources staff.
• 1 month minimum starting August 2019.
• Renewable for another 4 months
• Canadian Blood Services National Orientation.
• Volunteer Program Policies and Procedures.
• Additional Training as required.
• Donor Recruitment Training.
• Privacy Training.
Activities and Tasks Associated with the Assignment
1) Donor Recruitment Community Events
• Assist with set-up and tear-down of the promotional booth and other equipment (if applicable).
• Effectively and efficiently recruit and book appointments with new or existing donors.
• Provide information about Canadian Blood Services programs and initiatives.
• Assist with management of participant records and event documentation.
• Provide courteous and responsive service to prospective donors.
• Satisfaction of knowing your efforts are helping patients across the GTA and Canada; and improving the quality of life for those requiring blood and blood products.
• Opportunity to contribute to Canada’s blood system by recruiting new donors.
• Opportunity to demonstrate leadership ability and skills.
• Meeting and interacting with a variety of people.
• Participation in recognition program.
How to Apply:
Click here: https://blood.ca/en/becoming-volunteer or
email: Mr. Samuel.Ramos@blood.ca