|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-04-30|
Location Bogota, Colombia
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Are you passionate about volunteering and have experience in program evaluation? If so, this role could be for you!
As a Volunteer Program Advisor, you will support our partner in Colombia, Alianza Social Uniandina, in documenting and evaluating their volunteer programs. Your skills in monitoring and evaluation will help with the development of indicators for impact measurement and to document the different ways their volunteers support organizations in Colombia.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Identify and categorize volunteer opportunities in Colombia with organizations, initiatives and social ventures or areas of social responsibility of private companies
-Compile, organize and present available resources available nationally and internationally for the management of volunteering in different types of organizations
-Design of a training program with levels of development for volunteers.
-Propose a scheme of indicators for a later evaluation and measurement of impact based on results (oriented to volunteers and the overall impact of the volunteer program)
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Experience with RBM and theory of change models
- Training in adult-learning methodologies
Essential Professional Background:
- 2-3 years of experience carrying out research
- Experience in results-based management and design, particularly design of indicators
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2UxyPO9