Do you enjoy working with others and making a difference in your community? Are you a friendly, outgoing person who enjoys meeting new people every day? Do you want to help the Canadian Red Cross help vulnerable people by providing much needed support to those who need it the most?
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Client Services Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Team Lead, this position provides frontline contact for in-person and telephone inquiries from the public with a primary responsibility to provide loans and accept returns of health equipment. The Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program is a short-term loan service
which provides medical equipment (with medical referral) to people in need on a donation basis
- Provides professional customer service and information to the public, both by telephone and in-person
- Selects appropriate equipment to match health professional referral and completes minor adjustments to ensure appropriate fit for clients
- Directs telephone enquiries to appropriate departments, programs or other agencies
- Responds to enquiries regarding equipment returns, repairs and loan extensions and completes related documentation
- Creates and maintains paper and/or computer records regarding clients, loans and returns
- Liaises with Equipment Supply staff regarding equipment inventory needs
- Requests and accepts financial and equipment donations in support of Canadian Red Cross programs and services and/or other Red Cross appeals
Education and Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, including telephone etiquette
- Training in office administration and/or one year of work related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of medical equipment as asset
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with a team
- Must be 18 years of age or will work under the supervision of an adult at all times
Due to the health regulations in B.C., this position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check and a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check through the B.C. Ministry of Justice. Upon a successful interview, our Volunteer Resource Services (VRS) Team will provide the volunteer candidate with the necessary information needed to complete this requirement.
Apply now to join our local Red Cross team and become a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, and one of our 13 million volunteers across the world. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of six months service
- We are seeking volunteers available to fill one or more shifts per week. Shifts are typically 2 – 4 hours in duration and vary by location with most being Monday – Friday, morning or afternoon. Some locations may have evening and/or Saturday shifts available.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment and/or warehouse space
Applications from across the province are welcome. Within the Lower Mainland Region of BC, specific locations that may be recruiting for this position are: Abbotsford, Burnaby, Langley, Maple Ridge, North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Squamish, Vancouver, White Rock
Interested parties may submit their application no later than 31 January 2020
via the Canadian Red Cross online application system found at the below link:
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.