|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-05-30|
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
You will support the Junior Achievement team in strengthening their systems, policies and procedures. This relates to HR policies, strategic planning and overall staff engagement. As a volunteer, your work will help create these systems and procedures through reviews, new documentation and practices.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Assess the current state of the internal operational systems including HR policies and procedures and staff’s capability in executing such functions.
- Update operations manual, job descriptions and additional HR documents.
- Outline a detailed plan of action to help facilitate the strengthening of internal operations.
- Train staff in operational policies and procedures.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- BA/BS in organizational management, NGO management or related field
Essential Professional Background:
-Demonstrated problem-solving skills and independent judgment
-Commitment to and understanding of youth development
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Experience in strategic planning
-Experience developing organizational plans
-Experience conducting training
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2CkzJX7