|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-05-30|
Location Yangon, Myanmar
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 7 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
Cuso international in Myanmar is looking for a keen individual like you to support the local office with partnership development! We're seeking to go beyond supporting highly skilled volunteers and want to offer the same high-level support to our partner organizations. If you're interested in a ground-level look at program development with local partners, then consider this placement!
As a volunteer, you will:
- Support the partners in identifying a possible consortium program
- Work with partner organizations leaders to influence their engagement
- Support program prepositioning, development and implementation
- Share and build the capacity of the partners and help integrate their technical areas
- Set strategies and execute plans to address the partners’ program quality needs together with the management of the partners.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-Bachelor’s degree required in a field related to International development or Program development and relevant technical certifications are preferred.
-3 to 5 years’ experience providing increasingly proficient technical support in the relevant field of expertise that includes:
Essential Professional Background:
-Demonstrate a winning track record in program development
-Bring flexibility, lots of creativity and enthusiasm to every project the partners undertake.
-Exceptional writing skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines within a complex partnership environment.
-Being aware and sensitive to international development issues and diverse cultures
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2CjVp5C