|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-06-04||2019-09-02|
City Quibdó, Colombia
Start Date Jun - Aug 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 9 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
The Fiestas Franciscanas de Quibdó is a private non-profit organization whose objective is to prepare and organize one of the largest celebrations in Colombia, the "Fiestas de San Pacho".
As the Community Development and Fundraising Advisor, you will work with the organizers of the Fiesta (presidents and neighborhood councils) and on organizational issues and community projects. You will also help the organization in fundraising for social and cultural projects for the development of the city.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Conduct a needs assessment with neighborhood leaders (with a gender perspective) about the neighborhood councils and their contribution to the Fiestas de San Pacho.
- Carry out training activities with leaders and neighborhood councils for the development of skills such as leadership, teamwork, and oversight to ensure transparent management of resources.
- Prepare, lead and implement a Private Fundraising Plan for large donors, companies, donors and individual partners, etc.
- Advise and guide the neighborhood councils in the execution and implementation of plans and projects for the Fiestas Franciscanas.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate studies in social sciences, humanities, or other areas (social work, psychology or related)
Essential Professional Background:
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in organization and community development.
- Experience in fundraising for non-profit entities.
- Experience in consulting for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community plans and projects
- Experience in facilitating community decision-making and assertive communication skills.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation (more details below)
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2UAgtvP