|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-01-11||2019-03-10|
City Assosa, Ethiopia
Start Date Mar - May 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 12 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the Youth Education Advisor, your role will be to support and advise our partner in the development of educational material on the topic of Social Risk Prevention. You will conduct a gap analysis while working with different departments, and provide training, mentoring and other capacity-building activities to deliver relevant and engaging health services. Your expertise will improve the effectiveness, quality of health service, client satisfaction and delivery of service of the Benishangul-Gumuz Regional Health Bureau.
As a volunteer, you will:
-Work in collaboration with leadership and staff to review and adjust existing educational materials for social risk prevention
-Prepare a guide on social risk prevention
-Identify opportunities to support Primary Health Facilities
-Support youth from the community for peer support mentoring and support community events
Essential Academic Qualifications:
-University Degree in education, gender studies, health, international development, social work or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
-Experience in capacity building, training and mentoring;
-Experience developing and delivering gender equality interventions
-Experience in the development of educational material
-Desire to work with organizations involved in marginalized communities.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2AJBVXp