|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-03-14||2019-04-30|
Location La Paz, Bolivia
Start Date May - Jul 2019 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements English, Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
As a Communications Advisor, you will support the development and implementation of specific communications strategies for Cuso International Bolivia. You will be involved in the creation of high quality digital and printed communication materials and communication plans while working closely with Cuso International's team in Bolivia and other volunteers.
Cuso International aims to attract diverse audiences in Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean, where our work has become increasingly focused and effective. Using appropriate channels, context and content, our objective is to teach and inform about our areas of interest and key activities: challenges, learning, successes and best practices, and giving the voice to the local communities we support. Cuso International also aims to effectively capture and demonstrate the impact and value of international volunteering and work on inclusive alliances to eradicate poverty.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review, create and plan actions based on the communication strategy of Cuso International in Bolivia.
- Implement a plan, monitor and evaluate the implementation process, and make changes as needed.
- Create a report on Communications indicators and communications market strategies in the field of International Development and volunteering.
- Develop/ support in the development of the Communication Budget
- Support in the creation of communications material about Cuso International in Bolivia, such as life stories of beneficiaries, partners, and volunteers.
- Gather communications material, such as photographs, create press releases of activities, develop possible periodic bulletins and short video clips.
- Foster and develop working relations with volunteers, partner organization and communications advisors in the country.
- Develop a social media plan and be actively involved in local and international networks of International development and volunteering in Bolivia
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Communications and/or Marketing, or other relevant areas.
Essential Professional Background:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Solid ability in writing, editing and communications; experience in the development of printed and digital material.
- Ability to conduct training and workshops on effective communications.
- Solid knowledge about digital communication and social networks
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointl.org/2UENsiI