|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Doctors For Doctors||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-06-11||2019-07-31|
Want to help to change lives and empower local communities with a life-long impact?
We are a registered Canadian Charity that works in rural communities of
Nicaragua providing full scholarships for young students to attend medical
school. Our goal is to increase access to healthcare and education in rural
Nicaragua by empowering youth to become agents of change in their
We are life-long, local, life-saving.
Job Summary & Essential Duties:
Outreach Volunteers will serve as the face of our organization and work to build partnerships and secure
sponsorships with Toronto establishments in order to support our charitable work in Nicaragua. They will use
their knowledge of communication and outreach to connect the public with our charity’s cause, through
in-person visits to local establishments, as well as electronic follows ups, working closely with our events
sponsorship team. This position is ideal for someone with experience in sales or communications, and who
wants to put their skills to use working for a charitable cause, or for students looking to gain valuable experience
in nonprofit fundraising. You will be working as part of a team of supportive, fun volunteers, and work in a
dynamic, engaging position where your creativity and ability to build relationships is valued. This Toronto
(Ontario) based role requires a minimum of 5 hours a month.
● Visit local businesses in person with another volunteer and create valuable contacts with potential
● Help secure gifts-in-kind to be used as prizes at event, gifts for attendees etc. in order to enhance our
organization's fundraising capacity at events
● Help secure ongoing donations through sponsorship partnerships
● Attend and support our event Development Works each month (first Sunday afternoon of each month)
● Confident and comfortable approaching potential sponsors and local businesses
● Sales and public speaking experience is an asset
● A knowledge of Toronto and local businsinesses/restaurants is an asset
● Having a startup mindset (get-it-done philosophy, low drama/solutions oriented)
● Having a desire to attend our socials and show up at events that you will be fundraising for!
● Strong command of English is necessary and Spanish speaking an asset
● The commitment of 5 hours/month
Our Website - https://www.doctorsfordoctors.ca/
How to join our team?
● Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Include the Job Title in the subject line as well as where you saw this ad, ex: ‘Outreach Volunteer -
We cannot wait for you to join our team of dynamic professionals, finding creative solutions to complex
If you require an accommodation of any kind in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us
and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.