|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|CNIB - GTA Foundation||On-going (More than 1 year)||2020-01-08||2020-02-28|
Be the first point of contact for guests visiting the Hub. Provide them with information, orientation and support.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
Tasks vary on job requirements however all positions will include:
• Welcoming and greeting people entering office or department
• Respond to telephone calls and return messages
• Provide appropriate information to individuals in-person or by telephone
• Maintain records of actions including individuals spoken to in-person or by telephone
• Other duties as required, may include: keyboarding/data entry, sending faxes or emails, tidy and/or restock area.
• Track and report volunteer hours as directed
• Assist with ShopCNIB order forms
Qualities, Skills and Training:
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, about job specifics such as Shop CNIB products.
• Willingness to learn and work with people with vision loss
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Patient, empathetic and friendly
• Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Attend Orientation, including About CNIB, About the people we help, About vision loss, and About volunteering at CNIB.
• Attend Training specific to the position.
• Minimum 3-month commitment
• 3-4 hours per week, usually a regular weekly shift.
• Agree to abide by CNIB’s Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
Level 5: application form, interview, two character references.
Completion of declaration forms: Code of Conduct and Policy for Electronic Equipment Usage.
Supervision and Ongoing Screening: One-month probation period. Supervisor is available for ongoing training and support.
• Making a difference as part of a dedicated and passionate staff/volunteer team working to further CNIB’s mission.
• Appreciation from clients/participants
• Develop or use existing experience and skills in customer services and administration.
• Access to training events to develop skills
• Confirmation of hours upon request, reference after 3 months’ successful participation as a volunteer.
Please apply at https://cnib.ca/en?region=gta