|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|CNIB - GTA Foundation||Long term (6 months to 1 year)||2019-07-03||2019-08-30|
Vision Mate Volunteers
Provide community-based support: provide one-on-one sighted assistance and companionship for a person who is blind or partially sighted.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Regularly visit a client in his/her home or other suitable environment at a mutually convenient time
• Activities are determined by client need and mutually agreed upon
• Approved activities are: reading, organizing, walking, assisting with errands or outings, and friendly visiting
• All outings are on foot, by public transportation or taxi
• Notify the client in advance if you will miss a visit; notify your supervisor if you will miss more than two in a row
• When a client needs more support, service, counseling or information then you are able to give, refer them to staff
• Track and report volunteer hours as directed
Qualities, Skills and Training:
• Patient, empathetic and friendly
• Reliable, organized and able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Very strong English skills or willing to be matched with a client who speaks your native language
• Orientation, including: About CNIB, About the people we help, About vision loss, and About volunteering at CNIB.
• Training specific to the position, including: working as a Vision Mate and what to do when problems arise.
• Minimum 19 years old.
Please contact email@example.com for additional information.
• Minimum six months
• Usually two hours per week on days and times that are convenient for the client and the volunteer (including evenings and weekends)
• Agree to abide by CNIB’s Volunteer Code of Conduct, including policies and procedures concerning confidentiality, conflict of interest, and the prevention of workplace harassment and violence.
Please submit a cover letter and resume expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filomena Di Ruscio
Coordinator, Volunteer Services