The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking Volunteer Grant Writer for the Grants & Awards Team.
- Represent the Canadian Red Cross in a professional and positive manner
- Complete readings on prospect research and Raiser's Edge training
- Keenly research each project and proposal in advance of all grant submissions
- Compose gripping grant proposals that describe Red Cross programs with absolute clarity (well researched, crystal clear grant proposals)
- Produce targeted and tailored stewardship documents, quickly and creatively
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
- Minimum Requirements include a post-secondary degree, preferably in a writing/research intensive field. This opportunity is best suited for a recent Masters Degree graduate seeking mentorship.
- This position comes with an expectation of employee-level performance.
- Volunteers must: Embrace the Seven Principles of the Red Cross & Abide by the Red Cross Principles and Values
Training and Development
- We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of 4 months. Applicants must be available Monday – Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm for a minimum of 2 days per week. The two days are flexible week to week.
- Red Cross orientation and trainings as required including Introduction to the Movement and Introduction to Volunteerism.
- This is a hands-on, in-office position. In addition to learning the general principles of fundraising and Red Cross systems and protocols, the volunteer will be trained in prospect research, the grant writing process, the gathering of community support, donor relations, working with programs, stewardship, reporting and Raiser’s Edge.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check.
The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested parties may submit their applications and resumes quoting, Grant Writer volunteer to:
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.