Experienced in Human Resources and looking to contribute to your community through the utilization of these professional skills?
We are hoping you will join our team!
The role of the Human Resources Support Personnel is to provide back-up reporting, research, analysis and support to the Human Resource functions at Habitat for Humanity Halton-Mississauga. The individuals in this role will work with the Human Resources Department on special projects or day-to-day administrative requirements.
Time Commitment: 4-8 hours per week; Flexible weekday scheduling is available
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday; 9:00am-5:00pm
- Research and develop efficiencies in regards to Human Resource functions
- Report on industry best practice in relation to strategic HR processes currently used
- Provide back-up support to current or on-going objectives of the HR Department
- Support new hire interview process
- Assist with the development and the standardization of HR policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support and data entry as needed
- Ensure all personnel data is filed correctly and up to date
- Help oversee onboarding, training & development program initiatives as required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous Human Resources experience or education would be considered an asset
- Ability to work with confidential information, and uphold diligence & privacy standards when working with private information
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable communicating via phone calls, emails or in person
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with HFHHM staff members and volunteers
- Experience working in an administrative role/office environment is an asset
- Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail) and/or Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Note: Due to the sensitive nature of information, 3 professional references will be required
In 30 minutes or less you can become a volunteer with us!
To learn more, apply now at https://habitathm.ca/volunteer/ or contact us at (905) 637-4446 x 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org