|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Cuso International||On-going (More than 1 year)||2019-06-04||2019-09-02|
Start date June - August 2019 (flexible)
Duration of the position 6 Months
Language requirements Spanish
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only
The Volunteer’s Role
We are looking for a volunteer like you to support the Institute for the Social Economy (IPES) in the construction of a research document, which aims to perform an extensive analysis of the informal economy problem in a global way, perform a local analysis and to be able to establish some lines of work for the next government, this taking into account the urgent need to be able to continue with the attention to the population in situation of high vulnerability in the city.
"Jobs to Build the Future" is a project funded by the Government of Canada that seeks, in partnership with the national and territorial government, private companies and civil society, to provide formal employment opportunities for women, youth and victims, fostering their socio-economic inclusion and increasing levels of labor equity for people in vulnerable situations entering the labor market.
For the reasons described above, in partnership with social organizations specializing in this area, we seek a volunteer who will provide advice and strengthen tools, methodologies and general procedures that the partner organizations of the "Jobs for the future" project implement within the framework of assistance technique that Cuso International provides in matters of public policies for inclusive employment.
During your volunteering, you will have the following objectives:
- Review of the panorama of the informal economy worldwide, highlighting the main problems in an integral manner and the way in which national and local governments have faced this problem.
- Support the construction of a diagnosis on the situation of the informal economy, paying special attention to the population in high conditions of vulnerability, the population displaced by the armed conflict, women heads of households, young people and the immigrant population.
- Support the development of an investigation on the transformations of the market places, not only in conditions of infrastructure but in the improvement of the quality of life of its merchants.
Essential academic qualifications:
- Professional career in Economic, Administrative Sciences, Social Sciences, Education Sciences and related. Postgraduate in related areas.
Essential professional experience:
-Methodology and current regulations on the preparation, formulation, evaluation and monitoring of projects.
- Participatory research methodologies.
-Methodologies compiling documents. Quantitative and qualitative techniques.
-Construction of research documents.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Apply on our website: https://cusointernational.org/es/placements/1146