|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Council of Agencies Serving South Asians (CASSA)||On-going (More than 1 year)||2020-01-14||2020-02-15|
CASSA Call for Board Members
The Council of Agencies Serving South Asians (CASSA) is an umbrella agency that supports and advocates on behalf of existing as well as emerging South Asian agencies, groups, and communities in Canada. CASSA’s primary advocacy goal is to empower the South Asian Community. As part of its mandate, CASSA is committed to the elimination of all forms of discrimination from Canadian society in solidarity with other immigrant and Indigenous communities.
CASSA is governed by an 11-member volunteer community Board of Directors. Board Directors strategize on the current and future trajectory of the agency. In this capacity, the Board provides input on communications, fundraising / grant writing, strategic planning, stakeholder relations, and other governance activities.
Our strategic goals for the 2020 year are ambitious and expansion-oriented: to broaden our annual project list, to grow our regional network in Southern Ontario, and to diversify our funding streams to support this expansion sustainably.
We are looking for board members with an understanding of organizational growth, anti-oppression and anti-racism frameworks, and strategic planning in a non-profit setting. We are looking to fill three (3) Board Director vacancies. We are seeking applicants with specialized skills in the following areas:
1. Fundraising & Grant-Writing
2. Human Resources
3. Human Rights & Legal Services
This volunteer leadership opportunity calls for community members with a vested interest in bettering the quality of life of all South Asians in Canada, regardless of status, and of all persons in Canada in general. We strongly encourage applications from individuals active in CASSA’s member agencies or from individuals who are from the South Asian community.
● Contribute to the on-going development and implementation of the agency's long-term strategic plan and vision.
● Ensure that CASSA's programs and services reflect the agency’s mission and vision.
● Support the agency’s activities especially its fundraising, its community education/outreach, and advocacy work.
● Attend and contribute to at least 10 of 12 monthly Board Meetings including mandatory attendance at CASSA's AGM.
● Participate actively in at least 1 Board Committee or Working Group.
● Have a clear understanding of the agency’s by-laws and operate accordingly.
● Commit approximately 5-10 hours per month for CASSA's governance work.
Please note: Board Directors are asked to volunteer a minimum of 2 years in this capacity.
How to Apply:
Applications should consist of:
1. A Resume/CV
2. A one-page cover letter stating your interest in joining CASSA, your experience in community organizations or non-profits, and how you can support CASSA in one of the three requested specializations (Fundraising & Grants, Human Resources, or Human Rights / Legal).
All applications should be sent in confidence to:
The Board Recruitment Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: 2020 CASSA Board Recruitment
Applications should be sent no later than February 15, 2020.
CASSA is committed to employment equity & encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. We appreciate all responses, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.