Board of Directors
Moyo seeks Board members that reflect the broad diversity of Peel. People living with HIV and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Here is your opportunity to strengthen your professional skills, broaden your experience and contribute to an exceptional non-profit organization in Peel Region. Moyo Health & Community Services (formerly Peel HIV/AIDS Network) is seeking volunteers who have experience in the following areas: fund development, human resources, finance, policy development, communications, and marketing to join our Board of Directors. As a Board member, you’ll provide strategic leadership and governance in the agency. You will also uphold and promote our mission, vision, and core values:
Working together to improve the health and prosperity of communities in Peel.
Optimal health and wellbeing for all.
- We are committed to equity and social justice by advocating to eliminate all forms of oppression.
- We are passionate leaders who empower communities to reach their potential.
- We pride ourselves on accountability and transparency through open and honest practices.
- We provide a person-centered to foster individual self-determination.
- We engage in strategic and creative work to ensure optimal health and wellbeing for all.
- Serve for a 2-year term with a commitment of approximately 10-12 hours average/month depending on activities
- Participate in monthly board meetings and active participation in at least one functional committee (i.e., governance, finance, communications, fund development)
- Participate in development and training opportunities
- Act as an ambassador for the organization
- Participate in community events and fundraising activities
- We are seeking Board members with expertise in the areas of HR, finance, legal, and fundraising/event planning
- We are looking for leaders who think strategically and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Effective listening skills combined with written and verbal communications skills are required
- Ability to work well independently, follow-up on task commitments, and meet deadlines
- We require someone who can think outside the box, offer creative perspectives and is solution-focused while respecting group process and healthy dynamics
- Highly motivated with an interest in Moyo’s areas of focus: HIV/AIDS, 2SLGBTQ+ health, harm reduction, African, Caribbean & Black health, and women's health
- Previous board experience is an asset but not required as we will train appropriate candidates
Interested candidates may learn more about our organization at a Private Function on April 23rd.
Please send your resume and cover letter highlighting interest and relevant experience to our Board Chair:
Mail or drop off: 7700 Hurontario St, Suite 601, Brampton, ON L6Y 4M3