|Organization Name||Position Types||Duration||Great For||Region and Location(s)||Ad Online Since||Application Deadline|
|Diabetes Canada||Short term (Less than 6 months)||2019-08-13||2019-08-30|
Strike Out Diabetes Bowl-A-Thon - Volunteer Committee Positions
Take the challenge:
November is Diabetes Awareness Month, let’s roll into it with a bang! Diabetes Canada is hosting their inaugural Strike Out Diabetes Bowl-A-Thon event in the Vaughn Region. The purpose of this event is to bring together people who support those living with diabetes, and to raise funds for kids with type 1 diabetes to go to D-Camps.
Currently, over 11 million Canadians are living with diabetes or prediabetes and about 300,000 of those people are living with type 1 diabetes, the most serious form of this chronic disease. At D-Camps, kids get a break from being different. It is one of the few places where everyone just gets it, and nothing has to be explained. Campers often go home with a new level of independence in managing their diabetes and a feeling of empowerment that helps them continue the healthy practices they learned at camp.
Strike Out Diabetes Bowl-A-Thon will take place on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019 at Splitsville Woodbridge
Planning and organizing the Strike Out Diabetes event takes time, passion and creative thinking. With support from volunteers and the organization’s staff, you will be a part of something truly extraordinary in your community. Although this is a notional organization all funds will be used for the local community and local success depends on volunteers like you. With your community insight, you will raise awareness, encourage participation, and drive fundraising results.
· Biweekly committee meetings September - November
· Weekly tasks averaging 2-5 hours per week depending your role
· Attendance and leadership role at pre-Bowling events/opportunities
· In person availability Nov 1 & Nov 2
The ideal committee member has:
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· The ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Exceptional communication skills
· Access to a computer with Internet, and willingness to use new software programs
· Passion for the diabetes cause
The most important duties and responsibilities of all committee members are:
· Securing sponsorship & lane sells
· Contacting businesses to ask for sponsorships
· Bringing forward new potential sponsors
· Promoting & sharing the event via social
· Collection of live and/or silent auction items
You will gain skills and experience:
· Contributing to the organization’s mission
· Working collaboratively with like minded volunteers in the community
· Building relationships in your community
Registration Lead - oversees the management of donations and tabulation of results primarily day of event. They support the coordination of team goodie bag pick up and help support everyone in Registration. They do this by utilizing the Registration document provided, follow minimum standards and submitting all forms to your Community Engagement Coordinator. You will maintain an accurate, and up to date, list of top fundraising teams and individuals to ensure the correct fundraising totals and winners are provided to the Diabetes Canada team, day of event.
Job Type: Volunteer
· fundraising: 1 year (Preferred)
· Woodbridge, ON or surrounding areas (Preferred) To apply or for additional details, please contact GTA.Strikeout@diabetes.ca by September 4, 2019.