Arts and culture facilities are essential to every vibrant, healthy community. The City of Vancouver offers funding to help nonprofit organizations buy, build, renovate, or expand a cultural space. Your organization must be a registered Vancouver-based non-profit society, charitable organization, or non-profit cooperative with a strong cultural mandate having an independent, active governing body composed of volunteers. Local First Nations Band Councils and Urban Indigenous nonprofit organizations are also eligible to apply. These grants don’t fund organizations that focus on health care, education, sports, recreation, or religion.
Your organization may apply for this grant to:
- Plan or undertake feasibility studies for future capital projects
- Complete capital projects
- Buy, build, renovate, or expand a cultural facility
The funding cannot pay for:
- Regular or routine repair and maintenance
- Part of ongoing, day-to-day operations
- Work that is already underway or completed
- Administrative costs not directly related to the project
- Projects not located in Vancouver
The deadline to apply is March 11, 2020. Please click here for more information.