Need help creating and managing your organization’s budget? This course is divided into two parts and jam packed with the information you need to help you understand, create and manage your budget throughout the year.
- Define the term “budget” and present examples of different types of budgets.
- Apply techniques for reading and understanding a budget.
- Explain how your organization’s budget fits into a larger planning context.
- Evaluate and select the most appropriate methods for creating your organization’s budget.
- Clarify how to manage the budget effectively throughout the year.
- Demonstrate four additional techniques for making reasonable budgeting decisions.
- Module 1: Budget Basics
- Module 2: How to Read a Budget
- Module 3: The Budget in a Planning Context
- Module 1: Creating Your Budget
- Module 2: Managing the Budget throughout the Year
- Module 3: Additional Budgeting Techniques
Links and Additional Resources
- 12 downloadable resources and course transcript
- 13 links to online resources
Course Level/Prerequisites/Certification Credits
Introductory level, no prerequisites.
Recommended companion courses: Boards That Work, Strategic Planning, Writing Effective Policies and Procedures
Final Exam --Take the optional final exam at the end of the course. If you pass with 70% or higher, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your exam score to receive your course certificate.
This training may be used to meet the requirements for renewing the Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) credential. One Professional Development Unit (PDU) is awarded for each 50-60 minute session or contact hour in topics related to volunteer resources management. For more details about the CVA program and renewal requirements, visit www.CVAcert.org or email email@example.com.
Continuing education certification-eligible through the Professional Administrators of Volunteer Resources - Ontario (PAVR-O). For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is on-demand, meaning that you can take it anytime, at your own pace. The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete from start to finish, but you have unlimited access for 3 months. You can choose to take the course in one sitting or in smaller bites. Either way, the course is entirely flexible and up to you how fast you complete it!
$99 - this price includes the 3-month unlimited access and all the course downloads.
About the Course Author
Gordon Holley is the President and CEO of Humanity Financial Management Inc. As a CPA, CA, Gordon loves helping organizations that are trying to make the world a better place. He has over 40 years of experience on charity and not-for-profit boards, mostly as treasurer. In his role at Humanity Financial, Gordon sees the stress and anxiety produced by finances and financial reporting for many not-for-profit-organizations (NFPOs), charity board members, and senior staff. He excels at providing financial oversight to NFPOs and charities to help them better manage their internal finances and financial budgeting and reporting, and reducing everyone’s financial stress and anxiety.