What is GivingTuesday?
Most people know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday...but GivingTuesday will be celebrated on November 27, 2018. It is a Canadian movement for giving and volunteering, taking place each year after Cyber Monday. The “Opening day of the giving season,” it is a day where charities, companies and individuals join together to share commitments, rally for favourite causes and think about others.
What is an #UNselfie?
CharityVillage Celebrates #GivingTuesdayCA
It's hard to believe, but our Villagers have been celebrating GivingTuesday from its very first year back in 2013. It's an experience our team has enjoyed so much that often they each join in with multiple #UNselfie pictures and their families get involved too!
We'd like to challenge our readers and followers to join the fun by posting your Unselfie pictures on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, tagging us @CharityVillage and using the #GivingTuesdayCA and #unselfie hashtags.
Here are some our Villagers' #UNselfie pictures for this year's GivingTuesday to give you a few ideas to get started.
Amanda Dexter, Territory Manager:
Julie Slipp, Account Manager:
Sarah Albo, Senior Associate:
Marina Dawson, Manager, Community & Content:
Anna Gordon, Account Manager, is surprising people with handwritten notes to remind them of their awesomeness:
Stephanie Wilson, Territory Manager, has two contributions this year:
Robyn Ojala, Manager, eLearning & Customer Service:
Sheila Salamon-Durzi, Account Manager:
Jane Barr, National Sales Director:
Danielle Anderson, Account Manager:
Here are some additional ideas to get you into the Spirit of Giving!
- Help a neighbour put up their Christmas lights.
- Get to work early and put the coffee on for your co-workers.
- Pack an extra lunch and give it to someone in need.
- Offer to babysit for new parents who could use a night out.
- Make a big pot of soup and give it to a busy neighbour.
- Offer to take your child's teammates to practice.
- Return a shopping cart to its proper place at a grocery store.
- Hold the elevator door for someone.
- Share a job posting with someone who might be interested.