Our website allows you to;
- Apply for jobs directly through CharityVillage
- Keep track of all the jobs you've applied for in your account dashboard
- Maintain updated information for all jobs you are applying for
- Complete a assessment tool to help you further define your career goals
Each job on CharityVillage will include application instructions. In most cases, you'll be prompted to complete an online application process through the CharityVillage website. This process includes uploading your (one, general) resume, unique cover letters for each individual postition and any additional documents appropriate for the job.
Here's how to get started:
1. Create a CharityVillage Account. To apply for these positions you will need to have a CharityVillage account. If you don't have an account with us, don't worry - signing up only takes a few minutes and it's completely free. Just click here and then fill in the required fields. You will also be given the option to receive our weekly newsletter and invitations to our free webinars. Once you have completed these steps, click the Sign Up button and you'll be registered. That's all there is to it!
2. Search for Jobs. Click here to search for available jobs. Once you have entered your search criteria you will then be shown a list of jobs that fit that criteria.
3. Apply for Jobs. Once you find a job that interests you and want to apply, the posting will either tell you to send your cover letter and resume directly to the organization OR you will see an orange Apply Now button. This orange button means you will be applying directly through our website. Click on the orange "Apply Now" button which will start the application process. Steps 1 and 4 below will only apply to certain job postings. If you do not see a list of questions immediately after clicking the orange "Apply Now" button, please complete steps 2,3 and 5.
- Questions. You will be asked some general questions along with a few other questions about your skills and experience that are specific to the posted job. The organization that has posted the job has created these questions, so it's important to answer all of them.
- About You. Fill in your contact information, employment history, education, upload a resume and provide a link to your social media accounts such as a LinkedIn profile, twitter account, personal website, etc. There is also a place for you to write an Impact Statement. The Impact Statement is a way for you to grab the attention of the organization, so it is very important to fill out.
- Cover Letter & Other Documents. You will also be able to upload unique additional documents, such as a cover letter or writing sample, for each job that you apply to. Each of these documents you upload can be unique to each application, and the hiring manager for each organization will only be able to view the documents you uploaded for that specific job application.
- Assessment. The next step in the application process is an assessment that will take approximately 7 - 9 minutes to complete. You will only have to complete this assessment once, the first time you submit an application through the CharityVillage website. The best advice we can offer is to be yourself, have fun, and answer the questions as honestly as possible and not according to what you think the organization may like.
- Submit. Once your application has been submitted, you can rate the application process and type in your comments. If you were prompted to complete the assessment, you can view your assessment report at any time, which is located in your Candidate Profile from your My Desk under Alerts, Applications and Report. Just click on the grey box View Assessment Report located near the top right of your profile.
Important Note: The assessment you fill out will be used for many positions you apply for through our website and cannot be changed once it's been submitted.
Note that changes to your resume, employment history, education or impact statement will be viewable by the hiring managers of any past or current job applications on CharityVillage. Your Cover Letter and Other Documents are unique to each application. If you upload cover-letter-a.pdf with a job application for Organization A, only this organization will be able to view this document. If you apply to Organization B, you will be able to upload a different cover letter that is viewable only by Organization B.
Have more questions or run into a stumbling block? Check out our Help portal (opens in a new window) contact Robyn at email@example.com.