- Describe planned giving, using an easy-to-understand definition.
- List the most common types of planned gifts.
- Decide whether your organization is ready to start a planned giving program.
- List the 10 steps in creating a successful planned giving program.
- Explain how planned giving and endowment-building are related.
Download full Course Curriculum in Adobe PDF format.
9 downloadable resources in this course
Free sample resource (PDF): Planned giving terms and definitions
Course Level/Prerequisites/Certification Credits
Take the optional final quiz. If you pass with 70% or more, you can download a Certificate of Completion.
Participation in the course is applicable for 2 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
This training may be used to meet the requirements for renewing the Certified in Volunteer Administration (CVA) credential. One Professional Development Unit (PDU) is awarded for each 50-60 minute session or contact hour in topics related to volunteer resources management. For more details about the CVA program and renewal requirements, visit www.CVAcert.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is on-demand, meaning that you can take it anytime, at your own pace.
The course takes approximately 2 hours to complete from start to finish, but you have access for 3 months. Take it all at once. Take it in 15-minute bites. Take breaks between each module. Come back in a month for a refresher. It's entirely flexible and up to you!
$89 per user; 3 month access