WOOD ENERGY TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER INC. (WETT Inc.) is a Canadian not-for-profit corporation established by letters patent dated the 15th of December 1992.
The objectives of the organization are:
1. To develop, maintain, promote and deliver professional training courses within the framework of the Wood
Energy Technical Training Program (WETT) for practitioners of trades related to the sale, installation, maintenance and inspection of systems using wood and other biomass fuels.
2. To maintain a registry containing the names of holders of valid WETT certificates and those who are students
under the program.
3. To foster and promote among certificate holders the highest level of professional conduct in the delivery of
services to the public.
4. To encourage and promote the safe and efficient use of wood energy through the distribution of public information materials and through collaboration with government agencies and related industries.
5. To foster and promote research and education in the utilization of wood as a source of energy.
6. To promote the interests and activities of the members of the organization in a reasonable and legal manner.
7. To provide a forum for the discussion of issues of importance or interest to the members and to share
information and opinions for the mutual benefit of the members.
8. To carry on such other activities as may, from time to time, be ordered by the Board of Directors of the
organization and which are consistent with these objects.