Permanent full-time position
Permanent locations: Greater Toronto Area (Toronto, Markham and Mississauga), Ontario
Supervisor: Admissions Manager
This role will involve working from home until the current public health emergency safely concludes.
About NPower Canada
NPower Canada is a charitable organization that launches underserved young adults into meaningful and sustainable digital careers. The program provides participants with free in-demand digital and professional skills training, and connects them to new and rewarding career opportunities with some of Canada’s largest employers.
Through consultation with a wide range of employers, NPower Canada’s comprehensive curriculum ensures participants are equipped with the in-demand technical and professional skills most sought after by industry.
NPower Canada provides employers with access to a pipeline of eager, diverse and job-ready young talent with in-demand digital skills who are primed to succeed in the workplace. Graduates receive ongoing support and coaching to ensure continued success in their careers.
The Admissions Specialist will be responsible ensuring that applicants are pre-screened appropriately for eligibility and suitability while providing exceptional service to applicants at each stage of the admissions process, and ensuring all applicant data is input and recorded accurately. This role will also involve conducting one-on-one interviews while supporting the admissions team as needed.
Who you are
- 2-3+ years of experience in high-volume youth/customer service role, preferably in human services or educational setting.
- Able to travel throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) to interview youth at NPower Canada’s program delivery sites in Toronto, Markham and Mississauga
- Ability to conduct face to face interviews with underserved youth
- Exceptional youth/customer service skills, demonstrating empathy, active listening and a solution-focused approach to all communications.
- Proficient in Salesforce.org or a comparable customer relationship management (CRM) database application.
- Able to effectively communicate program information via telephone and e-mail.
- Post-secondary education in Human Services, Research, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Able to build rapport with young adults from diverse backgrounds.
- Exceptional de-escalation and issue resolution skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Driven and results-focused.
Accountabilities & Deliverables
Applicant Communication and Support
- Provide support, guidance and encouragement to applicants throughout the admissions process, from online applications to interviews to offers of admission.
- Refer unqualified applicants in a diplomatic and sensitive manner to specific referral partner organizations while tracking service coordination data.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to all applicant inquiries via telephone, email and text.
- Ensure that eligible and suitable applicants are invited to the next available interview or information session; remind applicants multiple times to ensure attendance.
- Escalate complex service issues to management as needed; keep management apprised of any challenging communications with applicants.
- Record and summarize all contacts (phone/email/text) with applicants.
- Work with recruitment team colleagues to coordinate timely applicant interviews, offers of admission and follow-up communications.
- Work with program teams to continuously improve and quicken the follow-up process.
- Support management team to effectively resolve issues and respond to sensitive inquiries and concerns from applicants and their families.
- Assist with presentations to youth and community partners.
DUE DATE FOR APPLICATIONS – APRIL 3, 2020, 5 PM EST
Early applications are encouraged