Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing residential, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to individuals who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin, and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. We currently employ over 300 staff covering a wide range of disciplines including clinical specialists such as Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Pathologist, Board Certified Behaviour Analysts; Developmental Service Workers and Community Resource Workers. Our support team comprised of human resources, finance, maintenance, housekeeping and a comprehensive management team round out our organization.
We are looking to hire Casual Relief Staff with availability to work morning shifts, Monday to Friday. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting individuals in the development of life skills and decision making
- Supporting individuals with significant behavioural challenges and implement treatment plans
- Acting as an advocate identifying and ensuring client's needs are met
- Assisting in the implementation of Personal Support Plans that provide safe, meaningful and professional care
- Assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting and feeding
- Assisting with daily living, household skills, and personal interaction skills
- Administering medications as required
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals we support
- Ensuring adherence to CWSDS Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation
- Working shifts in accordance with the schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- DSW diploma or degree/ 2-year diploma in Social / Human Services from a Community College / University (CYW, SSW, Psychology etc), or currently enrolled and successfully completed year 1
- Previous experience supporting individuals with a developmental disability, mental illness or dual diagnosis
- Experience supporting individuals with unique or specialized behaviours in active treatment environments an asset
- An ability to work within a team, with other support providers, families, volunteers and community members
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Completion of Pharmacology, First Aid and Safe Management Training are mandatory
- A valid Class G driver’s license and willingness to drive
Locations: Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Georgetown, Halton Hills
Hours of Work: We are looking to hire candidates who are able to work up to 24 hours a week, days/ afternoons/ evenings/ nights awake shifts, rotational and on-call.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.