Primarily focused on family therapy, you will work with individuals and couples to explore and improve family relationships and dynamics. You will facilitate understanding and modification of maladaptive coping strategies and behaviours. The ideal candidate would be experienced in trauma informed therapy, and addictions.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Masters Level Graduate degree in a counselling discipline; eligibility for registration with the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors
- Mental Health Experience and certification in Emotion Focused Family Therapy is an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of child protection procedures and MCFD
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience with clinical counselling, individual, children, couples, family, assessments, and clinical report writing.
- Thorough knowledge of family dynamics and presenting issues such as, domestic violence, addictions, trauma and abuse, attachment, mental health disorders.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, organization and establishing collaborative working relationships with clients and other professionals
- Criminal record search required
- We are professionals conducting ourselves with integrity and objectivity.
- We are compassionate and caring.
- We accept responsibility and are accountable for our actions.
- We respect every person