Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a not-for-profit charitable organization providing a wide range of services to individuals with developmental disabilities in Halton, Peel and Waterloo regions, Dufferin and Wellington counties. Our purpose is to improve the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities who have complex needs by providing specialized services and supports.
CWSDS is looking to hire Direct Support Professionals, Overnight Awake, on full time and part time basis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to,
- Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
- Providing night to night direct care and support to residents’ needs, including assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, and providing first aid when required.
- Implementing Personal Support Plans and Behavioural Support Plans for residents that provide safe, individualized, meaningful and professional care while following CWSDS's policies and procedures.
- Supporting the individuals’ goals.
- Dispensing and administering medications.
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
- Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, meal preparation and counts.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2-year Developmental Service Worker Diploma.
- Candidates who do not hold a DSW diploma may be considered if they have a Diploma (minimum 2 year program) or Degree from a recognized Community College/University in Social/Human Services.
- Minimum 6 months of proven experience supporting persons who have a developmental disability.
- Successful completion of Pharmacology, if not a DSW
- First Aid and Safe Management Certification.
- The ability to work professionally within a team, respecting the input of other support providers, families, volunteers and community members.
- A commitment to a value based approach to supporting people.
- Dependable and the ability to work flexible hours.
- Respectful and caring approach to persons with a developmental disability.
- Ability to work independently and to make decisions in the absence of an on-site Manager.
- An ability and willingness to support all individuals that CWSDS is responsible to provide service and supports to.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Full Time positions: 80 hours bi-weekly, including every other weekend
Part Time positions: 27 hours per week
Hours of work: 10:00, 11:00 pm or 12:00 am until 8:00 am.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.