Veith House – Who We Are and What We Do
Veith House has been a vital neighbourhood hub in North End Halifax since 1970. For the past 50 years we have provided services and unique opportunities to Halifax community members, connecting them with one another to build a healthier, more vibrant community.
Our diverse community health care team offers a variety of flexible and inclusive services for all ages. These supports include: social work services, short-term counselling, drop-in kids’ programs, newcomers’ programs, community garden, supervised access and more. Our grassroots programs are always changing and often come out of the needs brought forth by community members themselves.
We are proud of what we do. Please visit our website www.veithhouse.com for detailed information about Veith House’s mission, values, service philosophy, and work in the community.
Veith House is seeking an Executive Director to lead our team into our next exciting chapter. As our Executive Director, you are the glue that helps keep our programs and people together. You are an organized person who likes the challenge and details of running an effective small organization as much as you enjoy the strategic and creative activities involved in fund development and relationship building to support the achievement our mission.
You have demonstrated unifying leadership and take pride in supporting a small team in whatever is necessary to see the success of our programs.
You have a knowledge of, and a passion for, making a difference in the lives of community members through social work activities and programming.
Summary of primary job functions
The Executive Director is responsible for managing all aspects of Veith House’s internal operations and outward facing activities, including but not limited to the following:
- Board Governance
- Ensure our mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Monitor and oversee financial management of the organization
- Provide day to day operational direction, evaluation and guidance.
- Provide supportive team leadership and maintain a positive and equitable work environment.
- Fund development- initiate and maintain relationships with funding sources. Research grant opportunities and support grant application writing for funding from a variety of sources.
- Establish, Maintain and Advance Community Relations
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
If you work at Veith House you can expect a competitive compensation package which includes:
- fair-market base pay,
- comprehensive, affordable group health plan,
- generous paid holiday/vacation and paid leaves
- flexible working hours (% FTE negotiable)
- paid parking
- 5+ years of management experience leading a business/organization and building a strong team.
- Demonstrated experience and results in fund development and financial management proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong conflict resolution and decision making skills
- Experience in, and understanding of, current community challenges and opportunities relating to the organization’s mission
- Experience in organizational assessment and process improvement
Interested in this Rewarding Opportunity?
A career with Veith House is a chance to use your knowledge, experience and passion to enrich the lives of others and help build a vibrant, welcoming community.
If this opportunity fits with your interests and qualifications please submit your resume and cover letter including salary expectations (MS Word format) via email to email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Feb 21, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Our goal is for our team to reflect the diverse communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.