Job Description / Summary:
Reporting to the Program Director and management staff while delivering Applied Behavioural Analysis services and conducting the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS) with children on the autism spectrum, you will write detailed progress reports, consistently record data on your learner’s progress and accurately graph the results. Additionally, you will participate in team meetings and training to learn from colleagues and increase overall skills. You will also be supervised by and work collaboratively with the Board Certified Behaviour Analyst.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Intensive Behavioural Intervention in a one-on-one or group setting.
- Apply behavioural principles consistently in all interactions with clients to promote socially appropriate behaviour.
- Thoroughly follow programs and protocols implemented by the Behavioural Analyst when teaching skills including behaviour reduction procedures and skill acquisition programs.
- Implement relevant program evaluation processes and ensure programs are fulfilling the desired outcomes.
- Flag exceptional circumstances or behaviours and needed changes in program plans.
- Establishes and ensures a therapeutic and motivating environment is maintained.
- Provide clear and regular communication with families and legal guardians in a positive manner, and provide IBI strategies to parents as requested.
- Participate in continued training and development and maintain required certifications.
- Willingness to provide coverage as requested.
- Actively contribute in committees and contribute to a positive workplace environment.
- Report all incidents immediately in accordance with our policies or other identified problems and possible solutions to the manager.
- Supports the mission, values, vision, principles and follows the policies and procedures of Step by Step including confidentiality of all clients and families’ information.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzes data and uses judgment in selecting appropriate actions, with assistance from colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with families and colleagues.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate well on a team taking initiative and motivation.
- Demonstrate positive support and sensitivity to the needs of individuals and families.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be flexible.
- Bachelor of Psychology, Behavioural Sciences and or related field
- Practical experience of 1-2 years in the field of Autism
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and techniques of Applied Behaviour Analysis.
Certifications good to have:
- First Aid and CPR
- Registered Behavioural Technician and Crisis Prevention Intervention an added bonus
About Us: Step By Step Academy of Learning specializes in the education of all children and youth with additional needs. We view each child is unique and special. Programs are tailored to meet the children and the families’ needs. At Step By Step Academy of Learning our therapists are dedicated to bringing meaningful change to the lives of children. We currently have two locations in Scarborough and Oshawa.