Mission: One Team – Two Sites: Serving Chatham & Rural Kent
Vision: Together, Growing a Healthier Community
Values: CKHA CARES – Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Safety
Manager, Marketing & Communications
# OF POSITIONS:
POSTING DATE: 6 March 2020
CLOSING DATE: 13 March 2020
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Manager of Marketing & Communications supports the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Foundation (CKHAF) both corporately and for assigned cause-based fundraising priorities, by integrating marketing and communications with business objectives, enabling the Foundation to achieve specific goals that will maximize opportunities to develop and sustain the interest and commitment of donors.
With a results-oriented approach, this position is responsible for developing clear and persuasive content for both mass and one-to-one communications through traditional and new media, as well as executing exceptional marketing and communications campaigns on time and within approved budgets, creating brand equity and ensuring brand integrity and consistency across all marketing channels.
Area(s) of Responsibility:
- Marketing – Oversees key marketing objectives to maximize fundraising opportunities through digital, print, and direct marketing channels creates an online and digital platform for highlighting the Foundation brand and engaging new donors, and develop relationships with sponsors, donors, internal stakeholders, and in support of CKHA.
- Communications – Develops superior written communications that effectively tells the Foundation story across all target audiences to inspire philanthropic commitment. Actively engages both internal and external stakeholders through content-driven communications that leverage patient, physician, and donor experiences.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skill, Experience)
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years' Marketing, Communications, or Project Management experience required. Experience writing within a healthcare or fundraising environment a strong asset.
- A portfolio demonstrating a variety of writing styles with quantifiable results of past projects.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing comprehensive marketing & communications plans to achieve specific revenue-based objectives.
- Experience in managing multiple versatile projects in a fast-paced, time-constrained environment, incorporating all aspects of the marketing mix, to budget and critical path.
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe, online and web development (2.0) applications and project management software.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge fundraising software is an asset.
- Knowledge of philanthropic community.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES (Personal Skills and Attributes)
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and develop concise and compelling communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage and interact effectively with all levels of the organization, members of the public, volunteer leadership, technical experts and media.
- Effective time management, organization skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities with similar deadlines without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Superior attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Remarkable follow-through and an ability to align with strategic agendas while keeping day-to-day job activities current.
- Proven ability to work independently using an above average level of initiative and judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure consistent messaging and manage corporate standards for all marketing initiatives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Major Responsibilities of the Position)
- President & CEO
Functional Reporting Relationships:
- Manager of Development
- Finance Administrator
- Executive Assistant
- Marketing and Community Relations Officer
- Development Officer, Signature Events
- Administrative Assistant
- Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Communication Team
- Community stakeholders
- Hospital staff
- Vendors (printers, agencies, etc.)
- Shared supervision of Marketing & Community Relations Officer position
Functions/Duties: (not in priority order or percentage of time)
- Responsible for the planning, implementation, execution, evaluation, and reporting/analytics of all Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Foundation marketing activities.
- Work collaboratively with Manager of Development on the implementation of new and innovative marketing concepts to support fundraising goals.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from various program areas to research, develop content, and execute marketing and communications tactics, ensuring the successful integration of program and corporate marketing objectives, budgets and efficiencies.
- Conduct market feasibility research to support the development of ongoing and new marketing strategies.
- Work closely with Marketing & Community Relations Officer on planning and execution of all print and digital advertising opportunities.
- Oversee the creation of graphics, designs, photography/video for distribution through multiple marketing channels, including but not limited to: website, e-blasts, sponsorship packages, and brochures.
- Prioritize, schedule and ensure timely completion of multiple projects for assigned fundraising priorities.
- Maintain and continually enhance library of marketing material.
- Write, edit and assist in the development of case for support materials and resulting mass communications and one-to-one cultivation and stewardship collateral to support the Foundation's fundraising goals and build strong relationships with our audiences.
- Develop content and messaging for ongoing initiatives including, but not limited to, case development proposals and letters of intent, stewardship reports and letters, donor updates, program newsletters, e-communications, website updates and brochures
- Develop and/or contribute to style, brand and process guidelines; create templates and write standardized pieces; educate CKHAF colleagues on their availability and use.
- Development and implementation of CKHAF's digital & social media strategies and web-based communications tools to address marketing plans, challenges and opportunities for assigned fundraising priorities.
- Lead the coordination and conversion of traditional communications into web-based materials to ensure availability of relevant information for donors and other audiences.
- Act as an Ambassador throughout the Community, positively representing the Hospital and the Foundation.
- Work as a team player promoting a positive and professional work environment and conduct role with integrity and respect.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time in order to meet the overall goals and objectives of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance Foundation.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of the CKHA and CKHAF.
- Abide by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and work in a manner that is safe, reporting incidents immediately to direct supervisor.
- Operates within culture and core values of the organization.
CKHA is an equal opportunity employer committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Should you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.