Role Title: Online Community Leader
Location: Anywhere in Canada. At least one Online Community Leader is required.
Duration: Continuous work for a minimum of at least 12 months
Hours: Approximately 3 hours, ideally allocated evenly throughout the week.
N.B. This is a voluntary position for which Results Canada does not provide any compensation.
Results Canada combines the voices of our citizen advocates with strategic efforts to leverage millions of dollars for programs and improved policies that give the people living in the Global South, the health, education, and opportunity they need to thrive. We are a global movement of passionate citizens, committed to raising our voices for a world without extreme poverty.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- create and maintain an online community while ensuring its sustainability
- recruit and support members, empower them to be part of a movement creating change
- post engaging content online regularly (information, videos, calls to action, etc.)
- monitor online discussion and community on a daily basis and engage with members’ content
- engage and inspire volunteers to take action by promoting monthly calls to action and our current campaigns including creating virtual opportunities to collaborate
- compile monthly reports on actions from online community and submit to national staff
- work closely with our national staff based in Ottawa and with fellow Leaders across the country and with volunteers and advocates in your region
- take part in webinars, calls, online discussions and campaigns to take action
This leadership role is a great opportunity for individuals who are interested in managing an online community and wish to use their skills to create change in the world. You will also actively engage community members and gain experience working in the not-for-profit sector. You will build a close relationship with community members, and a meaningful relationship with volunteers and staff. You will be given the chance to learn from various people that possess a wide disparity of skills. You will also receive recognition and references from RESULTS Canada for your hard work and dedication. And most importantly, you will feel the satisfaction from making a difference.
- Self-starter, able to motivate others
- Ability to start conversations online by sharing their own actions, enlisting others to take action, sharing articles, etc.
- Knowledge of the platform Slack or willingness to learn to use it
- Leadership and collaboration skills
- Advanced online communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Organization/management skills
- Ideally, must be able to read and write in both English and French.
Submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are a suitable candidate. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not done so already, make sure to also subscribe via our online registration form. This is an active recruitment and positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Do not delay and apply today! Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Results Canada is committed to diversity and equity around the globe and in our workplace. We welcome applications from: women, aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.