WORK FROM HOME!
Alliance Youth Services Inc. provides Specialized Foster Care to children and teens.
We are looking for quality Professional Parent Therapists (foster parents) to provide a child with a safe home and be the primary role in the day-to-day support of a foster child. You do not need previous training or education in childcare or social services; however, it is an asset.
As a Professional Parent Therapist, you will receive:
- above average/competitive daily and non-taxable compensation
- financial coverage for your foster child’s living and recreational expenses, clothing, clinical or therapeutic supports, medical and dental costs, etc.
- ongoing training (Child Management, Safe Management Certification, First Aid/CPR Certification, etc.)
- clinical supervision
- access to Professional Parent Therapist support group, as well as Peer Networking/Support
- 24 hour emergency AYS support.
Professional Parent Therapist positions are open to caring people who:
- enjoy parenting and are interested in making a positive difference in a child's life
- are at least 21 years of age, single or couple, from all walks of life, culture or religion, LGBTQ2S
- live in a house or apartment and have a spare bedroom (not in the basement unless a walk-out)
- organizational skills to keep track of appointments and meetings and ability to write basic reports
- have excellent communication skills and patience with children and adults
- have a computer with internet and email, as well as a printer in your home
- have one adult who lives in the home and is the identified full-time primary caregiver. This person would not have any other employment outside of the home
- have at least one person in the home must drive and be available to do drives to appointments, meetings, etc.
- smoking is not permitted inside the foster home or inside cars that transport foster children.
For more information, please contact:
Karen Catney 416-561-3300
If you feel that you have something to offer a child that is in need of a caring, loving home and would like to be a part of a dynamic team, then we would like to hear from you!