The Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) along with its standing committee, the Canadian Malnutrition Task Force (CMTF), is seeking a dynamic and innovative program manager to oversee the development of a range of assessment tools and other resources to be used in a clinical setting and to support patients and families, plan and implement public awareness activities, engage and support a network of provincial and national champions, and to support advocacy and government relations activities.
Reporting to the CNS Executive Director and the CMTF Advisory Committee Chairs, this individual has proven track record in program/resource development, partnership building, interpersonal skills and working with volunteer committees. Being knowledgeable and having direct experience working and supporting those in clinical settings is required.
- Certification as a Registered Dietitian or related field;
- A minimum of 5-years of project or program management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation, including the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, partners and volunteers;
- Strong writing and communications skills, including the ability to write proposals, health resources, media releases, advocacy materials, websites, and social media;
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to develop and follow workplans and business plans;
- Experience in developing a range of resources, including online tools, videos, podcasts;
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office, as well as working with survey tools, mail distribution software, virtual meeting and website technology, and website updates;
- Self-motivated, visionary and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- The ability to work independently from a home office environment.
- French – writing, reading and speaking
- Media relations skills
- Location in the Ottawa/National Capital Region
- The successful individual will work out of a virtual/home setting, along with a team of other virtual employees.
* This is a one-year contract with the potential for renewal pending financial capacity
- Oversee the planning, development and production of a range of print, web-based and video tools – including creating workplans, gathering and incorporating input from subject matter experts, drafting and overseeing development to final, managing budgets/suppliers;
- Plan and implement national awareness week, including web development, resource creations webinar delivery, government and advocacy actions;
- Establish regional champions, a community of practice and a mentorship program in an effort to build capacity and engagement throughout the country;
- Organize meetings, conference sessions, webinars and national gatherings;
- Create and deliver a medical education and primary care grand rounds series;
- Plan media and communications strategies to broaden awareness of new resources, programs and advocacy activities;
- Support the delivery of and attend conferences (including external stakeholders);
- Develop and nurture authentic relationship with a range of partners and stakeholders;
- Oversee the management and engagement of committees and working groups.
Please submit applications to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for submitting their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the Canadian Nutrition Society (CNS) – https://cns-scn.ca
For more information on the Canadian Malnutrition Task Force (CMTF) – https://nutritioncareincanada.ca/about-us/about-cmtf