A-Way Express is a social enterprise that provides courier services throughout Toronto. For more than 30 years we have offered a supportive working environment, promoting stability and recovery as well as employment experience for people with mental health and addictions challenges.
A-Way Express is looking for an experienced Programs Manager to oversee our health and employment programs.
You are a strategic manager who always meets funder targets and knows when to adjust under-performing programs or jump on new programming opportunities that will more effectively meet client needs. Your outreach skills and program development experience will help build A-Way’s capacity as an employment services provider for job seekers with mental health and addictions challenges.
- Coordinates daily activities of employment and health program staff
- Tracks all program activity and ensures that funder targets are met
- Leads A-Way community outreach activities for the purpose of attracting new clients and finding opportunities for current clients
- Delivers pre-employment programs and programs for A-Way’s supported employees and alumni community
- Builds A-Way’s organizational capacity as a provider of employment services for people with mental health and addictions challenges
- Develops an annual programming workplan and works with the Executive Director to ensure that programs are delivered within budget
- Post-secondary education required;
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organization, managing publicly-funded employment or community health programs required.
- Experience serving clients with mental health & addictions challenges preferred.
- Excellent oral/written communication and workshop presentation skills required as well as advanced level skills in program planning and tracking.
- Experience building and maintaining mutually-beneficial relationships with partner organizations is a must.
As a consumer /survivor initiative, we strongly encourage people with lived experience of mental health and addictions issues to apply. This direct experience is considered an asset. If you have lived experience and/or belong to other equity seeking groups, you may wish to self-identify in your cover letter.
Why Work at A-Way?
- You will be making an enormous impact in the lives of our supported employees every single day
- A-Way’s courier operation helps to fund A-Way’s amazing programming. Every package delivered helps us help more people with mental health & addictions challenges.
- Great health benefits package
- You’ve never met a more amazing team!
We will only respond to those applicants who are selected for interviews.
If you require accommodation in the hiring process please notify us at the time you are offered an interview.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday, February 21, 2019.
Visit us at www.awayexpress.ca