National | Contract | Location: Toronto
The Arthritis Society is Canada’s principal arthritis health charity dedicated to funding and promoting arthritis education, research‐based solutions and community‐based support. The Society empowers the more than 4.6 million Canadians with arthritis, to live their lives to the fullest by combating the daily limitations of arthritis. In the last 64 years, The Society has invested more than $180 million towards arthritis research to develop better treatments and, ultimately, find a cure.
The Arthritis Society’s new website plays a vital role in providing information to and engaging with people who have arthritis, their families, advocates, researchers, healthcare professionals, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders in our community.
We are looking for a tech savvy professional who has the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain a large and complex website, including special event microsites, and integrate other online promotional activities, including social media. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about website design standards and usability, and who is adept at handling advanced content management tools. You will be working with a team of online communications professionals, including a web developer.
This position is a full-time 6 month contract.
- Assisting provincial and regional offices with website updates, including optimizing graphics and page layouts to ensure website usability
- Assisting with maintaining our social media platforms, online advertising campaigns and interactive initiatives.
- Assisting provincial and regional offices with developing special event microsites using Blackbaud’s e-marketing and fundraising tools
- Responding to website queries and providing excellent customer service to our stakeholders
- Coordinating content collection and translation
- Providing website technical assistance and training to staff and volunteers across all provinces/regional offices
- Troubleshooting website glitches and liaising with Blackbaud’s helpdesk to resolve issues
- Being responsible for a variety of administrative duties associated with the operation of a large web site, including statistical report generation, coordination with Finance department to develop online tax receipt templates etc
- Ensuring website integration with social media tools; using analytics to measure conversions
- Assisting with E-newsletters and list management and working closely with internal and external content providers for electronic materials
- Adhering to established best practices for online communications, and maintaining the Society brand to ensure consistency
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in website design/development, marketing, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum two years' relevant experience using content management tools, designing page layouts and web content
- Experience with BlackBaud’s fundraising suite of products (Raiser’s Edge, and Blackbaud NetCommunity/Sphere) would be an asset
- Solid understanding of graphic design, CSS, HTML, and web standards.
- Website content management experience with the ability to learn new back-end
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Strong attention to detail and
- Proven Social Media experience – Facebook, Twitter – The ability to manage online communities to engage and ultimately convert into supporters/participants
- Superior computer skills including advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task within a fast-paced role
- Experience in developing, deploying and reporting of E-Communications - E-Newsletters and E-Blasts
- Reliable, hard-working and committed, with a ‘can do’ attitude – displays dedication and accountability, and follows through on all projects
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our web site at: www.arthritis.ca