East York/East Toronto Family Resources Organization (EYET) is a non-profit multi-service agency providing a range of services, resources and supports to individuals, families and the community in key areas: early learning and child care, housing, outreach and community services within a community development and capacity building framework. EYET is committed to accountability, responsiveness, inclusion, innovation and collaboration.
EYET requires a Manager, Ontario Early Years, Beaches-East York (BEY), reporting to the Executive Director, and providing leadership and individual supervision to a staff team that is collaborative, cooperative and constructive. The position is a permanent, full-time role.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
The Manager, Ontario Early Years, Beaches East York, will manage and ensure quality assurance in the development, implementation, delivery, and evaluation of Ontario Early Years programs and services for a diverse participant base in the Beaches-East York riding.
The Manager will work with and provide leadership to participants, staff, community members, placement students, volunteers and relevant external agencies/coalitions to ensure collaborative and meaningful responses to the needs and issues of participants within the context of the EYET Mission Statement.
The Manager is also responsible for supervising designated staff and for ensuring evaluations and data collection are complete for all relevant programs and services.
- Ensure overall management of departmental programs, services, and projects;
- Lead in the development and implementation of a Departmental Work plan that details the departmental goal, outcomes, service deliverables, timelines and staff responsible;
- Manage delivery of programs and services including research, needs assessment, planning, development, implementation, evaluation and reporting;
- Develop and implement an effective outreach and public awareness strategy/model for Ontario Early Years, Beaches East York programs and services that align with corporate values and directions and are reflective of standards or practices required under current legistlation, regulations, policy and/or other relevant frameworks;
- Ensure that the Department utilizes effective internal and external communication methods and approaches, ensuring compliance with AODA and EYET’s Corporate Style Guide;
Departmental and Team Requirements:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external services and community partners;
- Provide leadership and participate in designated Ontario Early Years networks;
- Assist participants and community members to identify issues and concerns and develop appropriate action in accordance with EYET mission, values and health promotion model;
- Provide direction and support to staff in implementing continiuous process of performance management, including planning, ongoing monitoring and evaluation activities to ensure that staff are competent and delivering on required areas of job performance, in accordance with Agency policy;
- Lead in the preparation of all funding submissions, proposals, and reports for Ontario Early Years, Beaches East York.Ensure that all documents or reports that may be required by the Board, funding agencies or other relevant audiences are provided to the Executive Director for review in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Liaise with relevant program and/or project funding officers as delegated by the Executive Director;
SUITABLE CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
- At least three (3) years experience working with culturally diverse populations in a community based setting;
- Solid knowledge of and working experience with the Ontario Early Years Framework;
- A Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of professional education and experience in a relevant field of study;
- At least three (3) years’ direct experience in staff supervision;
- Proven skills in program design, development, implementation and evaluation;
- Knowledge and understanding of evidence-based practices, strategies and approaches that best support early childhood development, early learning, and/or child health outcomes;
- Knowledge of relevant area services and community organizations;
- Excellent English language writing and verbal skills;
- Proven proposal writing and grant submission skills;
- Good computer literacy (word processing, spreadsheets, internet, email)
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression practices and principles
- Ability to work both independently and within a team context;
East York/East Toronto Family Resources (EYET) provides quality, inclusive and accessible programming, using an anti-oppressive framework. Individuals from equity-seeking groups are encouraged to apply for these positions.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume and cover letter in one document to “The Hiring Committee – Manager, Ontario Early Years, Beaches East York”. The document must be in one of Text, MS Word or PDF formats and saved as your last name and first initial. Please include your salary expectations in the body of your cover letter.
No telephone inquiries, please, as only emailed applications will be accepted. Please send your application to email@example.com by July 27th, 2013. Please note that all applications will be treated confidentially.
Please also note that while we appreciate your interest in the role, only applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.