Part-Time (25-30 hrs per week) Contract
Scouts Canada - Greater Toronto Council is currently looking for two candidates to fill 6-month contracts for the role of SCOUTSabout Program Leader.
The SCOUTSabout program is an informal, theme-based program for youth aged 5-10 years old and is structured around the Beaver Scout and Cub Scout programs but without traditional Scout ceremonies, uniforms, etc. SCOUTSabout is offered on a seasonal, three-month basis in or near schools as an after-school or lunch-time program and is available one-day per week for approximately 1 – 1 ½ hours per session.
This part-time position would be ideal for someone who is available during lunch time (12:00pm to 2:00pm) and afterschool (3:00pm to 6:00pm), with occasional evenings and weekends. The 10-month contract will be from January to June 2014.
- Work directly with youth to ensure the successful execution and delivery of the SCOUTSabout program so that each child has a fun, adventurous personal growth experience while in the program.
- Work with the SCOUTSabout Program Coordinator and share the responsibility of developing and planning the SCOUTSabout program.
- Support and participate in special meetings, trips and outdoor activities.
- Ensure activities are run safely and according to Scouts Canada’s Bylaw, Policies and Procedures.
- Work with volunteers, other SCOUTSabout Leaders, sponsors and parents/guardians with a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Promote and encourage involvement and recruitment of members for both SCOUTSabout and core programs (Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts and Scouts) and recruit other leaders and volunteers.
The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys working with children and youth, is creative, outgoing, enthusiastic and able to work independently. The successful candidate will also have the following;
- Previous experience working and/or volunteering with children and youth.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR.
- Specialties and or certifications in sports, games or other activities.
- Must have access to a car.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service experience.
- Current Police Record Check is required and must complete required Scouts Canada training.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to Abby Chan at email@example.com no later than Midnight January 6, 2014. Please quote “SCOUTSabout Leader” in the subject line and indicate work availability. Scouts Canada is an equal opportunities employer. We thank all applicants, but only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.