The Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) is seeking a Communications Officer. This is a contract position to December 31, 2014 with the possibility of extension or renewal.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Officer works with CPHA staff to develop and implement communications strategies that will most effectively support and reinforce CPHA’s mission, vision and values. Working as part of a team with senior management, the Communications Officer will support both internal and external communications needs of the Association.
This position requires an out-going results-oriented individual with the ability to adapt to any situation, to work independently and to establish strong working relationships with media and stakeholder groups. Candidates applying for this position should have:
- Degree or diploma in communications, or equivalent, and five to seven years related experience coordinating communications initiatives and developing communication materials, or a minimum of seven years professional experience managing communications initiatives and developing communication materials combined with some relevant post-secondary education.
- Good knowledge of public communications strategies, frameworks, principles and practices.
- Familiarity with the public health system at a national/provincial/territorial level is advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion/public health issues and trends.
- Experience in providing communications services and advice, preferably in an NGO or government environment.
- Demonstrated experience in communications planning, issues management and project management.
- Direct experience in writing, producing and/or coordinating the production of high quality print and electronic communications products including communications plans; information, promotional and media materials; briefing and speaking notes; reports; and websites.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and/or participating in project teams and working with internal and external clients to develop communications projects and initiatives.
- Sound knowledge of social marketing and social media principles and practice.
- Above average proficiency with computer applications including the MS Office suite of programs and familiarity with Drupal is a benefit.
- Proficiency in both official languages is required.
The salary range for this contract position is dependent on qualifications and experience. CPHA offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous vacation leave and flexible working hours.
The closing date for applications is January 16, 2014.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume by email to the Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although all applications are appreciated, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.