Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Yoga Outreach’s mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that Yoga Outreach is viewed as the primary source, disseminator and conduit of information within this diverse network and constituent base.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the Executive Director on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan across the network’s discreet audiences, in collaboration with the Yoga Outreach team and constituents.
- Lead the generation of online content, including social media, website, newsletters and blogs, that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where and when to disseminate.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness, as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures and Yoga Outreach’s website.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance - ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, social media and events) is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement over time.
- Manage all media contacts.
Yoga Outreach is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications who has at least 5 years of communications experience, with experience ideally in a nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as website content, newsletters and donor communications. A combination of education and experience will also be considered. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and to disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels, is critical.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer, who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
- High energy and maturity, with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, program participants and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Experience with Druppal, Mailchimp, Insightly, Hootsuite, Word, Excel and Googledocs an asset
- Must have home office with computer, phone and Internet
This is a part-time contract position of between 8 and 12 hours per week, paid at a rate of $20.68/hour. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow with our organization. Yoga Outreach is pleased to be a Living Wage Employer.